Skip to content

Postponement Info

We were hoping that June 27 could be a celebration as a gravel community of making it through the toughest days of the crisis but it’s clear over the past 24 hours that we’ll need to delay that celebration. The Coast to Coast and Coast Loop will now occur on Saturday, October 3, pending permits. We’re really sorry that you won’t be able to see the fruit of your hard work on June 27. But we hope that you were riding for much more than just a race. We hope the riding helped you get through these tough days and brought health and joy in and of itself. And we hope you’ll keep riding responsibly and join us on October 3. Here are the key reasons for the postponement:

  1. The U.S. Forest Service informed us yesterday that they will likely not make a decision to allow the race through the Manistee National Forest and Big M checkpoint until early June. That alone pretty much determined the fate of the date.
  2. Although we had a social distancing plan to minimize risks, a race on October 3 will likely present fewer safety risks to all participants due to more testing available, contact tracing, a greater knowledge of the virus, etc.
  3. The State of Michigan has given no indication of when they will approve outdoor recreation events and how large they can be. Most states are currently allowing only small groups to gather, nowhere near the size of the start of the 100 and 210. No matter how we space things out, we now believe it would be difficult to attain necessary social distancing for health and to pass state requirements.
  4. Registrations totally flatlined when the pandemic hit. Financials are not a priority this year, but a June 27 race would have been 50% as large as last year. October 3 gives more people the time and certainty they need to join us.
  5. More than 50% of you requested a shift now to Oct. 3.
  6. We have the Oct. 3 permit for the finish in Ludington already and the U.S. Forest Service has given a strong indication that Oct. 3 will work.
  7. Oct. 3 will likely have comfortable riding temperatures with an average low of 44 degrees at the start, 60 degrees in the afternoon and 46 degrees at midnight. You should see some amazing fall colors along the route as well. And with an earlier sunset, we’ll of course give you more time to earn your Ride into the Sunset award.

Current registrants

  1. If you can race on October 3, your entry automatically transfers. Just keep riding.
  2. If you cannot race on October 3, email me at for a 100% credit for the race entry (up from 75%, which was up from our standard “no refunds, no credits” policy). This credit can be used at next year’s race, the Lord of the Springs or any Michigan Adventure Race until the end of 2022 (changed from 2021).
  3. If you purchased race insurance, please submit a claim for that first as you may get 100% cash back; they have loosened some restrictions for COVID-19 including loss of work.
  4. You will also receive a 100% cash refund for merchandise and the Shuttle & Support fee if those apply. If you would like to donate any of the Shuttle & Support fee to the Juvenile Diabetes & Research Foundation, let us know how much. No pressure at all.
  5. If you already cancelled and received a 75% credit, email me to make sure I adjust that to 100%.
  6. If you want to receive a full cash refund, you can transfer your entry to another rider using the BikeReg transfer process (click Edit/Transfer next to your entry on BikeReg). The rider would pay you directly.
  7. If you are undergoing financial hardship, please let us know so we can discuss a cash refund.

Thank you for your amazing patience and understanding as we navigate these murky waters (or maybe infamous Michigan sand is more appropriate). We hope you can join us on October 3. If not, then let’s plan on June 26, 2021!

  • Blog & News

  • Sponsors:

  • Sign up for Friends of Michigan Adventure Racing

    * = required field
  • Follow Coast to Coast:

    C2C Facebook image link

  • Brought to you by:

    Mi Adventure Racing logo