Sometimes it’s not the finish line that matters. It’s the struggle that went before. – author unknown
210-Mile Key Stats
- Route: Au Gres at Lake Huron to Ludington at Lake Michigan (map below)
- Distance: 208-209 miles
- Percentage of gravel: 85% (even a bit of gravel-friendly singletrack)
- Elevation Gain: approx. 6,500 ft. (Strava/Ride with GPS are inaccurate)
- Start: 6:00 am (sunrise is 5:53 am)
- Ride into the Sunset cut-off: 9:32 pm or 15 hours, 40 min., 13.6 mph
- Final cut-off: 3:00 am or 21 hours; 10.1 mph
Navigation & Turn-By-Turn Directions
You are required to use our custom cue sheets provided below; turn-by-turn GPX/TCX instructions on a GPS bike computer are highly recommended. The course will ONLY be signed at two-tracks, snowmobile trails, etc. where some added clarity might be needed. Signs may fall down, get stolen or be reversed out of spite so it’s best to trust GPS files and cue sheets. If you want turn-by-turn directions, your best bet is a Garmin Edge, Wahoo Element or other bike computer that provides that from a TCX or FIT file.
GPX, TCX & and FIT Route Files (updated 5/13/21)
(NOT the same route as 2019 – miles 162-176 and Big M checkpoint/trails are new)
- Ride with GPS: Sign up or sign in to Ride with GPS. Click on “View Full Version” in map below, click Send to Device, select your bike computer.
- Strava. Download GPX and TCX files here. Instructions. You must be signed in to Strava to download files (ignore route creation date).
- Popular bike computer instructions: Wahoo Garmin
- You may need to download the file to your desktop/laptop, connect your phone via USB, and then move GPX or TCX to bike computer (e.g., into New Files folder in Garmin).
GPX is a basic GPS track, compatible with most GPS devices.
TCX is a GPS track with turn-by-turn directions, compatible with newer GPS devices.
FIT is the best format for turn-by-turn directions on modern Garmin Edge Devices (available via Ride with GPS).
(NOT the same route as 2019)
210-mile cue sheets (PDF; 2 pages, updated 6/15 – CP moved back to Marion High School). Final as best as we know it. Custom made – street names will match street signs. Distances to turn calculated with Garmin. Other bike computers should be similar. Do NOT use embedded cue sheets in Ride with GPS or Strava.
Strava: See GPX/TCX link above.