Sometimes it’s not the finish line that matters. It’s the struggle that went before. – author unknown
100-Mile Coast Loop Key Stats
- Route: Ludington-Manistee Natl Forest loop
(same start/finish; see map below)
- Distance: 100 miles
- Percentage of gravel: 85%+ (even a bit of gravel-bike friendly singletrack)
- Elevation Gain: approx. 2,600 ft (Strava/Ride with GPS are inaccurate)
- Portion in Manistee National Forest: 40%!
General Navigation & Turn-By-Turn Directions
- You are required to have our custom cue sheets provided below; A GPX/TCX file on a GPS bike computer is highly recommended. The course will ONLY be signed at two-tracks, snowmobile trails, etc. where some added clarity might be needed.
- If you want turn-by-turn directions, your best bet is a Garmin Edge, Wahoo Element or other bike computer with a TCX or FIT file.
- You may need to download the file to your desktop/laptop, connect your phone via USB, and then move GPX or TCX to bike computer (e.g., into New Files folder in Garmin).
- GPX is a basic GPS track, compatible with most GPS devices. TCX is a GPS track with turn-by-turn directions, compatible with newer GPS devices. FIT is the best format for turn-by-turn directions on modern Garmin Edge Devices (available via Ride with GPS).
Coast Loop 100 cue sheet 2023 v1 (5/31/23). (PDF; 1 page). Custom made – street names will match street signs. Distances to turn calculated with Garmin. Other bike computers should be similar. Do NOT use embedded cue sheets in Ride with GPS or Strava.
GPX & TPX Files
- Strava (updated 5/26/23; stay tuned for 2024 changes): Sign in and download GPX and TCX files.
- Ride with GPS (updated 5/26/23; stay tuned for 2024 changes): Sign up or sign in and then download GPX and TPX files here. Or, click on “View Full Version” in map below, click Send to Device, select your bike computer.