Sometimes it’s not the finish line that matters. It’s the struggle that went before. – author unknown
100-Mile Coast Loop Key Stats
- Route: Ludington-Manistee Natl Forest loop
(same start/finish; see map below)
- Distance: 100 miles
- Percentage of gravel: 80%+ (even a bit of gravel-bike friendly singletrack)
- Elevation Gain: approx. 2,600 ft (Strava/Ride with GPS are inaccurate)
- Portion in Manistee National Forest: 40%!
General Navigation & Turn-By-Turn Directions
- You are required to have our custom cue sheets provided below; A GPX/TCX file on a GPS bike computer is highly recommended. The course will ONLY be signed at two-tracks, snowmobile trails, etc. where some added clarity might be needed.
- If you want turn-by-turn directions, your best bet is a Garmin Edge, Wahoo Element or other bike computer with a TCX or FIT file.
- You may need to download the file to your desktop/laptop, connect your phone via USB, and then move GPX or TCX to bike computer (e.g., into New Files folder in Garmin).
- GPX is a basic GPS track, compatible with most GPS devices. TCX is a GPS track with turn-by-turn directions, compatible with newer GPS devices. FIT is the best format for turn-by-turn directions on modern Garmin Edge Devices (available via Ride with GPS).
Coast Loop 100 Cue Sheet 2024 v1 (10/xx/23). (PDF; 1 page). Custom made – street names will match street signs. Do NOT use embedded cue sheets in Ride with GPS or Strava.
GPX & TPX Files
- Strava (updated 10/24/23 for 2024 race): Sign in and download GPX and TCX files.
- Ride with GPS (updated 10/24/23 for 2024 race): Sign up or sign in and then click on “View Full Version” in map below, click Send to Device, select your bike computer.