Sometimes it’s not the finish line that matters. It’s the struggle that went before. – author unknown
- Route: Ludington-Manistee Natl Forest loop
(same start/finish; see map below)
- Distance: 100 miles
- Percentage of gravel: 85%+ (even a bit of gravel-bike friendly singletrack)
- Elevation Gain: approx. 2,600 ft (Strava/Ride with GPS are inaccurate)
The course will ONLY be signed at two-tracks, snowmobile trails, etc. where added clarity might be needed. Signs can fall down, get stolen or reversed. You are required to use turn-by-turn GPS/TCX instructions on a navigation device or cue sheets.
GPX & TCX Files (miles 63-66 and Big M checkpoint are new for 2021)
- Ride with GPS: Sign up/in, click on View Full Version on map below and then Export (right side) to download GPX and TCX tracks.
- Strava (ignore route creation date and elevation). Sign up/in and download GPX and TCX files here. GPX import instructions.
- Garmin instructions
GPX file is a basic GPS track, compatible with most GPS devices.
TCX file is a GPS track with turn-by-turn directions, compatible with newer GPS devices.
Coast Loop cue sheets (PDF, 1 page). Final as far as we know it. Includes 2019 re-routes. Custom made – street names will match street signs. Distances to turn calculated with Garmin. Other bike computers should be similar. Do NOT use embedded cue sheets in Ride with GPS or Strava.
Strava: See GPX/TCX link above.